Friday, August 24, 2007

Trying to Keep a Positive Altitude

Yes, it is still raining on Harrison Street. My county (Columbia) has been under a flash flood watch or warning since last weekend, and it currently extends through Saturday. I noticed it is not one of the counties which has thus far been declared in a State of Emergency. Looks like my house will have to cascade down a hill of mud and debris to be taken seriously. We're not truly that anxious for that kind of attention.

Watching events unfold from my mile-high perch in Denver, I wonder if there is a way to move my entire house to a mountainside in the Rockies. Then I would only have foraging bears and curious pikas to deal with. It is thunderstorming here at the moment, but my feet have yet to get even slightly damp. They may have to change the old saying, "Location, location, location," to "Elevation, elevation, elevation."

No comments: