Friday, August 31, 2007

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this electric mower. Tonight I finished off the front half of the yard--an area roughly 25 square feet--in just under 6 1/2 hours.

I think the trick is to mow under electric lighting instead of daylight. I have a 300 watt porch light, so I had little problem seeing when the power cord was wrapped tightly around both ankles and working its way under one of the front wheels, the other wheel having already fallen off. I think it was slowing me down when I could actually see what the robust machine could accomplish in the way of unintended tilling as I sculpted my lawn during daylight hours. At any rate, I'm sure the neighbors will be pleased tomorrow when they see the care I've taken to keep our neighborhood beautiful.

No comments: