Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Why I choose Escapism over Reality

Because when I try to function in the real world, I find out things like my goddamn exercise bike, which only had a few miles on it when the flood hit in August (assuming a stationary bike can accumulate miles) only looked like it still worked at the time. Turns out the electronics up top are ship-shape, but the mechanics behind the resistance are shot.

But they can fix it! If you count the house calls, new parts and labor, it should come in around $1500. Of course, the bike when new cost about $599. Sure, I got a warrantee, but it only covers the damage if I prove that Second Wind Exercise was somehow responsible for the flooding of Columbus.

Given the facts, arriving at a response to their quote was really quite simple.

No comments: