Sunday, December 2, 2007

Shoveling for Cornell


[Cornell teaching his daughter, Toni, to ski.]

And now it's time to pay the piper. It was pretty easy to sell my 300HP snowblower back in September. It was still pretty warm, then, and I was staring at a concert ticket to see Chris Cornell in Seattle. I just needed to justify the plane ticket.

So I sold the snowblower. Then I consoled myself with the thought that every time I shoveled, I would think of Chris. Today I got to put that theory to test. Turns out, they aren't such pleasant thoughts on this end of the shovel.

Ironically, Chris is headed to South America for a few gigs now, and he won't have to do any shoveling for some time to come--assuming he ever does. When you live in a penthouse in Paris, you probably don't do much shoveling. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It is enough that he shares the gift of his amazing voice with us all.

You know, that would sound a lot less like bullshit if I didn't have another hour of this shoveling to do. (I'm on a break after 90 minutes of the same, trying to dry off and get my heart rate back under 160 bpm.)

On a good note, I won a ticket to use for my next big concert to see Dave Grohl and his Foo Fighters. That's a good thing, since I was starting to look at my air conditioners and wonder what they might be worth on Craigslist.


You never learn.

Taylor Hawkins, drummer for the Foos, expresses his opinion on shoveling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny, Nancy, about the shoveling!! Luckily for me, we have no snow in Houston, so I haven't been shoveling anything. And if I had snowblowers to sell, they likely wouldn't here. What's a Texas girl to do to help finance her Chris Cornell habit?

Hope you don't have too much more snow! What am I saying, you live in Wisconsin! Hugs, Steph