Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Chris Cornell


Chris and little Toni

It has become clear to me that the world is in need of an antidote to the images of the Gulf tragedy, and since we can't all attend elite yacht races like BP CEO Tony Hayward, I turned to someone who gives most people I know instant relief from whatever ails them: pictures of Chris Cornell with his children. It just so happened I finished it on Father's Day Eve.

While Chris can consider it an early birthday present (July 20) in reality it is for us all to stop and breathe a sigh of relief, both by listening to Cornell's exceptional voice and by viewing the love he shares with all his children. The song is "Promise," by Chris Cornell and Slash.

Enjoy.



Go watch it again; you'll feel twice as good.

4 comments:

Jessica Brown, insaynemomo4@hotmail.com said...

Hi there,
stumbled across your blog and this entry this evening while falling down the internet rabbit-hole; I'd only recently gotten ahold of Chris's "Scream" a few weeks ago (I live in Costa Rica, you can't blame me for being behind the times...) and was just trolling for reactions, ended up on a general "I love Chris Cornell" ramble. I absolutely LOVE this video with the pics of his kids, and I ADORE the song, thanks so much for helping me add a new favorite to my long list of faves featuring that gorgeous and talented man. I know it was from a while back, but hey, stuff on the net never goes away, does it?

I spent way too much time reading through your blog posts (I only say that because I have a deadline which is looming, but instead of writing I chose to meander through your thoughts), and think you're an excellent writer with impeccable tastes. I also think we have a lot in common: I am also a full-time writer, I am also a frustrated humanitarian, I am a horse lover and a proud pit bull owner, am fascinated with Middle Eastern culture, and I have hardcore crushes on both Chris Cornell and Clive Owen. Something about the brooding, smoldering creative types that gets me going, too. I also have a lot of health issues, as well as depression. I just wanted to let you know that what you write does matter and it's appreciated, even if it takes almost a year to be manifested! ;)

Nancy Dietrich said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy Dietrich said...

Thank you, Jessica. What you wrote is absolutely invaluable to me and I am very appreciative of your words of encouragement. I'm also glad you enjoyed the Cornell montage. I am told by Chris mother-in-law Toni (via Twitter) that the younger Chris loves to watch it over and over. I hope to see the kids this month during his Songbook tour and finally meet them in person. I'm in love with the whole family, now!

Jessica Brown, insaynemomo4@hotmail.com said...

Hi Nancy,
glad what I wrote meant something to you. I wish I could see him in concert...maybe he'll come down here eventually. If he likes to surf, he should! ;) Take care!