Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ginger's Weekend

SodaPop and Ginger "Ail" Saturday, March 14

Still bruised, still favoring that right leg much more than the left


Chilled after icing Friday night

Recovery happens, just not as fast as we'd like sometimes. This weekend was rough for Ginger Ale (Ginger Ail?) as her hocks continued to stay swollen, skin was red and inflamed (though not the incisions) and that damn e-collar STILL doesn't fit in her kennel.


Ouch!!

Walks were more hell for me than for her, as we encountered a completely laid-back neighborhood Rottweiler in his yard both days and Ginger Ail wanted to go eight rounds him each time. Thank God I learned to walk Ginger and SodaPop separately (I'm a lousy dog juggler, turns out) so I had only one dog to rip my back out. That meant two more evenings of using her ice packs for me instead of the other way around. Who the hell trained this dog? [No one, apparently.] And who the hell feels like a UFC fight four days after bilateral bone surgery? Rampage has nothin' on this mutt.

The classic sulk of a pit bull.

No comments: