Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Dreams of Sparrows



Last night I was looking for a light film to watch, so I picked what I thought surely must be a comedy, a documentary about the war in Iraq. Imagine my surprise when I was faced with brutal depictions of life in Iraq following the US invasion.

Truly, this film was very compelling, and the director, Hayder Daffar, did a brilliant and seamless job of weaving the highly disparate views of his fellow countrymen together in one sweeping portrait. He represented well the reality that there are as many opinions about this war as there are Iraqis.

I can honestly recommend this movie as highly appropriate for viewing the night before an immensely important US presidential election--or any time you really need a lift.

VOTE FOR OBAMA

No comments: