Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dan Savage and Stephen Colbert make me smile



I have been a fan of Dan Savage since I lived in Seattle in the early 90's--even when I often cringed at the explicit details in his new (at the time) column, Savage Love. Let's just say I was much younger, then.

Today, while withering away in a sandtrap of boredom at work, I unearthed a very recent interview of Dan on The Colbert Show regarding his reaction to the passing of California's Proposition 8, which now bars same-sex marriages.

To see the video, click here.

[Disclaimer: Clicking "here" will not turn you gay. Though some may ask you if you got a haircut recently.]


And the quote which will live in infamy:

"It's sort of like 'Gay Survivor.' We're going to outlive, outlast, and outsmart the bigots."

Dan Savage, November 11, 2008

No comments: