Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New York public school accused of radical Islamist agenda

An article just came out (click on title for full piece) regarding the backlash that is erupting because someone tried to open a school that teaches Arabic and Arabic culture in NYC. (As for teaching Arabic as a language elective in schools--that's been done for years in high schools all over the US.) It's not so much the anti-Arab racism that caught my attention--I'm past expecting anything but that from the American people anymore--but rather the quote by one of the moms that pulled her son out due to the controversy. She had enrolled her son for the following reason:

"I know for a fact that any American who learns Arabic will make tons of money whether it's translation, whether it's in the customer service area," she said. "I thought it was the best advantage I could give my son."

So if I'm away when you call, now you know it's because I'm filing and counting my tons of money from having learned Arabic.

No comments: