Wednesday, June 29, 2011

You Can't Keep Me Here -- Eddie Vedder

The setting for this video is so stunning and dramatic it is easy to overlook the lyrics to this powerful personal anthem. It's not kosher, but I'm not Jewish, and I think this and Myles Kennedy's "Summergirl" would make much better funereal songs than the normal boring hymns. Just my opinion. And no, I'm not planning on going anywhere soon, but people do think about these things, and I'm not the only one.

That said, enjoy this gorgeous video for Eddie's new song. I only wish we were going wherever this was shot to hear his concert this Saturday evening instead of Minneapolis.



"Can't Keep" by Eddie Vedder

I wanna shake
I wanna wind out
I wanna leave
This mind and shout

I've lived
All these lives
Like an ocean
In disguise
I won't live forever
You can't keep
Me here

I wanna race
With the sundown
I want a last breath
That I don't let out

Forgive
Every being
The bad feelings
It's just me

I won't wait
For answers
Oh you can't keep
Me here

I wanna rise
And say a goodnight
I wanna take
A look on the other side

I've lived
All these lives
It's been wonder
Full at night (?)
I won't live forever
You can't keep
Me here

These boys have always been able to capture what I'm feeling. And that's why I love them so.

1 comment:

Jeff Baldwin said...

It's the north shore of Moloka'i in Hawai'i