Monday, September 27, 2010

Columbus Animal Protection Rights Do Not Exist



From Facebook tonight:

Dickens and I are home. I am too angry to write much, and I hate to further enflame my dogs' fanbase, but they will do nothing about or to the Rottweiler that has attacked us twice. Owners will get a citation and possible fine--I'll find out more in the days to come. Police can't make them put up Dangerous Animal signs, nor decree that he wear a muzzle. She said they only take possession of dogs if several people have reported being bitten--and that is very rare. She said they've never taken a dog because it attacked pets.

So you are leaving it to me, then? I asked the officer. Because I WILL do something. There is still more talking to do with the dept--including their dog officer. I thank the local clinic, Columbus Countryside Vet Clinic for giving me his card and taking care of my baby today. I am going to see if the dog officer will help me promote laws to protect us. They have the laws I mentioned in the next town--Fall River--but not here. He wants that changed, the officer said, and so do I.

I also stopped on my way home to warn the 84 y.o. neighbor Phyllis that Cuddles the Shih Tzu was in danger. OMG--she went OFF on that owner before I even finished my sentence. She was furious and is terrified of the dog--who has run across the street towards her and her dog before. She's on my team, that's for sure. She will be calling the police tomorrow to report numerous infractions--she was horrified to hear what happened last night--but not surprised. Her son, by the way, is a prominent attorney in Madison. Looks like I just made me a new friend.

It also looks like I have something to keep me busy for awhile.

P.S. Any of you watch LOST? Looks like I need me my own Jesus stick, cuz there's a new sheriff in town. Wouldn't hurt to have Mister Eko walk with us, either.

No comments: