Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Petition to Meet Myles and Slash for Picture and Hug

[Okay, I am a well-respected writer with published stories under my belt and I am using my blog again to stalk my favorite musicians. The respected writer promises to return after approx five days. I appreciate your patience.]


Nancy and Sarah at the Dec 2007 Alter Bridge/Another Animal tour in Love's Park, IL, where it was fucking COLD AS HELL outside. Just sayin'. And bats inside. Crazy shit all 'round.

Dear Myles,

I tried to do this under cover of MySpace, but you are "away" and it would not post. You probably heard me swear all the way over at the Belly Up tonight when it wouldn't go through. I'll be damned if I'll subject you or Slash to a full letter using Twitter-length posts, so the blog it is--my own personal billboard. [It does come in handy, sometimes.]

I am the grateful fan who made the "Starlight" Gulf Oil Spill Video that you and Slash helped spread word about back in June. I'm also the one who bullied you into tweeting Happy Birthday to my sister Sarah, Your #1 Fan, back in June. (Thanks again, you made her cry happy tears :) You were kind enough to do the same for me. I'm too tough for tears, though. Just how I'm made. (Chris Cornell may deny this, but he's lying! I had something in my eye at that concert!!)

As you know by my non-stop tweets, my sister and I will be at your Milwaukee show on Sunday. We will be parked in lawn chairs at the front doors of the Pabst Theatre by late morning--easily making it in time for soundcheck. Soundcheck doors are same side as where your bus parks and just down the street from the front doors. [I can't believe I'm telling everyone who follows you this, but I'm just that pathetic--and couldn't DM you.] I mention that because we would BOTH love to see you again, and meet Slash, if possible. Though we were both lucky (not lucky--helped by Godsmack's Robbie Merrill, let's be honest) to meet you in the dead of winter in 2007 in Love's Park, IL, neither of us has met Slash before. We would both love to meet this Living Legend. [Of course we're kissing up--isn't that the whole point?!]
For the record, the picture I took with you in in 2007 makes me look like a drooling idiot (I may be an idiot, but I don't normally drool) and I think any fan would deserve a second chance at a normal picture. You guys have to race to Clear Lake, IA, right after that show and I don't know if you'll be sticking around long enough to stalk, I mean meet, for a picture. (Who booked this leg of the tour? Chicago is geographically in BETWEEN Milwaukee and Clear Lake--that was horrible planning!)

Bad stalking jokes aside, you know I am a huge fan of yours, whomever you are singing for. I'd love for you to tour singing the blues every day the rest of your life and so would my stressed-out sister, who relies on me to know what you are tweeting and where you are playing every night, since her 4 year-old daughter (the one conceived on the night of your concert in Beloit in 2005--I know, TMI) has turned evil and dominates her every thought and action. She's quite fried, I can assure you. And since they'll be serving drinks at the Pabst, she'll be quite fried by the time you come on stage, as well, so meeting her before the show would be recommended, in all honesty. [She'd KILL me for that one if she ever had time to read my blog...]

You would be doing BOTH of us a great honor if you stepped outside after soundcheck--or before--whenever--and let us shake your hand again and get a decent picture. It would be fantastic if you brought the Guy with the Hat. I will continue to be your loudest proselytizer--Have you noticed all the Cornell fans I've introduced to (both of) you and this album in particular? They know great pipes when they hear 'em!! And I always give you a great--and honest--write-up on my blog after each show. It's been too long since you graced these "pages"!!

Most sincerely,

Nancy Dietrich, Your #2 Fan
Sarah Murray, Your #1 Fan

Can you really blame me for wanting a re-shoot? Seriously...

I even managed to screw up Sarah's picture with you due to technical difficulties.


This would be a lot more degrading if I outright begged or posted full frontal shots of my sister (Truth?--couldn't find any in time. KIDDING!) That, at least, is how I'm justifying feeling better about this.

Or I could post an inappropriate pic of Slash from 20 years ago during the Guns N' Roses/Soundgarden Tour.
Oh, shit. Cornell, inflatable doll, and Slash. DM me, Slash, and I'll take it down, LOL. But you're lookin' good!

No comments: