Monday, June 23, 2008

Eat THIS, mosquitoes!

I don't know about you, but I can no longer go outside for more than a minute without being swarmed and bitten all over my face and through T-shirts, regardless of the amount of Cutter Mosquite Repellent I spray in my eyes. The swarms find me when I am walking the dogs, mowing, harvesting dandelion leaves for my guinea pigs, taking out the trash, getting the mail, picking strawberries, or doing anything near my horses (unless we hide in the stuffy arena).

I am finished with it. We have a long way to go until the first solid freeze (at least three more weeks) and I can't wait that long to go outside. And by the time the temps are that low, nor will I want to!

Since I have resorted to wearing my raincoat for protection anytime I have to go out--which gets a little warm while mowing or horse training--I decided to invest in something that would protect me and not cause heat exhaustion.

So I found this. Looks like the mosquite netting that kept Cocoa and me safe in Cairo as I slept. Only wearable.



And let's not forget my horse (the one that can be ridden, anyway). They even had these in draft sizes!

Mine should arrive (via Mosquito Express) in 2-3 days. I'll let you know how it works. If not, I've always got my raincoat.


Thumbs up from Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder!

No comments: