Monday, March 17, 2008

Quiet on the set, please!


I am having one hell of a time focusing on work when they are shooting a Johnny Depp movie (Michael Mann's "Public Enemies") four blocks from my house.

And NOW, after standing out there in the cold for hours waiting for a glimpse of anyone resembling John Dillinger, I sit here and listen to machine guns firing at the local bank. I KNEW those bastards would wait until I came home to start shooting--literally and figuratively.


So no, I haven't seen Johnny.

He wasn't drinking coffee with the stage hands...

Not surprisingly, he wasn't at the police station...


He wasn't on the Inverness bus...

He wasn't at Dee's Cleaners...


He wasn't at Milar and Sons--though Mayor Nancy Osterhaus (stage left, blue coat) was...

He wasn't at the City Paper (reconfigured as an appliance store for the shoot)...


He wasn't at the furrier's...

He wasn't at the drug store...

He wasn't there when they were laying the cobblestone road...

He wasn't even at the post office with the really cool tow truck...

The only thing I got a really good look at was the goddamn snow machine!
Just what we needed. More fucking snow.

No comments: