Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dillinger Caught at Last!!! UPDATE


UPDATE: It WAS Johnny on the running boards of the car in yesterday's escape scene. See details below. Photo by Shannon Green.



This shot is mine.

This would be the money shot. This is the getaway car after the fellas broke out of prison in Crown Point, IN, a few hundred miles away--just a technicality. Johnny is there on the running boards of the car, and the crowd, ever mindful of the fact that this was an actual scene for which we were supposed to be silent, cheered as they drove by.

No respect for Hollywood.



I wasn't going to go downtown after work. I wasn't. I was just walking the dogs and I was pulled by a force--the force of Shameless Celebrity Worship (SCW)--out of my traditional path and into the crowd. This did not work so well with the dogs. Small boys wanted to play with Ginger, distracting me from my stalking. Then the Tommy guns went off, and Soda shit her snow suit. Mom (whom I had also dragged along) had to squeeze Soda in her arms to keep her from running all the way back to Arizona. I lodged Ginger between my knees and told the boys to go away or they'd get eaten. I didn't specify if it would be by Ginger or her owner.

Still unable to resist the gravitational pull of SCW after getting my required shot of Johnny-on-a-car, Mom offered to walk the dogs back home while I scoped out a few more locations. Got some nice shots, but Johnny was shooting a scene in the center downtown intersection and really couldn't be seen from any place mere mortals were allowed. After 6 or 7 more hours, I gave up and walked home. But not without getting a tip as to when and where the next shooting would be.

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

Though it is very exciting standing in a crowd of tired and frostbitten movie fans, it is apparently a little too much for the dogs. Though Soda stopped shivering once she reached the house, Ginger promptly threw up her entire dinner.

Note to self: Dogs don't give a shit about Johnny Depp.



In between takes I got some nice pictures of some great classics. And no, Johnny wasn't anywhere near them, either. All of these are parked on Harrison Street and pointed in the direction of my house, two and a half blocks away. That makes my house very, very cool by association.

Click the prompt to see more fantastic old cars. They got them dirty on purpose so they would look more "real." It probably killed their owners to do it. After the shoot, they'll be cleaning and detailing their "babies" until July, at least.


No comments: