Friday, November 9, 2007

This is a Bear


I have decided I was either a bear in my last life, or I carry a disproportionate amount of bear genes at the present. This is not about weight issues (hmm, maybe a little) but rather about the fact that I have no desire for any activity except sleep. This almost includes eating.

I can definitely say that the urge to sleep is several stories higher than my desire to work on this book. At the same time, the moment I turn off the lights I am flooded with memories, ideas and notes. So I turn the lights back on and scribble some notes on a pad by my bed, and start the process all over again. To someone standing on my sidewalk outside, it must look as though I have a short circuit in my house.

I think we all know where the short circuit is...
My poor brain.

No comments: