Monday, November 12, 2007

Blame it on Mel Brooks

If Mel Brooks hadn't produced Blazing Saddles, I would have gotten a lot more written tonight. Who can compete with Mel? Sure, it was a DVD. Sure, I could have watched it anytime. But how often do you see a world-class comedy with a cameo by Count Basie? Exactly.

I still had time to write after the movie--and the 30th anniversary DVD bonuses--but then Dave Grohl butted in.

Dave e-mailed me during the movie (I just can't shake this guy--it's like he's stalking me!) to tell me that Foo Fighters tickets go on sale this Friday for five shows in Jan and Feb: Dallas, Nashville, Worcester, Philadelphia and Detroit. So now I have to decide which one to go to with my Golden Ticket. How can anyone be expected to write with such a weighty decision on her mind?
But, honestly...

So I ask myself tonight: What would Dave do?

Are you kidding? He'd have watched Blazing Saddles.

No comments: