Monday, October 1, 2007

Everlasting Gobstoppers


How one can be blue between the release of Dave Grohl's album and a live Cornell concert in Seattle without having tried Willy Wonka's new blueberry chewing gum is beyond me, but I have managed it. Willy Wonka came up, rather inexplicably, in a conversation with a friend today, and this evening it seemed the perfect background movie for packing and mood-lightening.

As I prepared a sign I'll never have to nerve to hold up at the concert Wednesday night, I listened more than watched a movie I know so well. Still, I was surprised when I heard Grandpa Joe read the date on the golden ticket.

"It says October 1, Charlie!" Get grandpa some shoes, and fast; it's time to get to the Chocolate Factory. If there's anything I love more than irony, it's ironic coincidence. A little Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream never hurt, either.

No comments: