Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pure Imagination

Willy Wonka and Charlie

Sometimes a song comes back into your life just when you need to hear it. There are many wonderful songs from this movie--the original--that are worth treasuring for a lifetime. This is just one.

Pure Imagination, Willy Wonka

Come with me and you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see
Into your imagination

We'll begin with a spin
Trav'ling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy
Explanation

{Refrain}
If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world, there's nothing to it

There is no life I know
To compare with pure imagination
Living there, you'll be free
If you truly wish to be

1 comment:

Nancy Dietrich said...

Yes, I heard it on Glee. It took this episode and the Fleetwood Mac one to cancel out the two Lady Gaga shows, though. I know the Foo Fighters and Slash said no, but they can STILL do better than Gaga. Seriously. And NOTHING can give me back the hour I lost on Glee's Bieber episoide.