Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome to Wisconsin in February

We got a little weather last night.


There is an unhappy Chihuahua dragging his leash and trying to open the storm door with his furry paw on the top step. That would be Dickens, who could not be less amused.



Turns out, Ginger was not amused, either.


In fact, she was quite perplexed at being completely blocked in by her "fun stuff."


She kept looking for a way out. The shovel is the key, but I was already beat.


I was not drinking. I wanted to be... And yes, the shovel is supposed to look like that. It's ergonomic, which means absolutely nothing to my back.

Follow the jump to see the back of the house.

Okay, we got a lot.


My Beetle is safe and sound in her kennel.


Drifts on lower back roof (no, I can't reach it with my rake but it's fine) and around the car kennel.


Getting the storm door open was NOT EASY with 3 ft of snow piled against it. Then I hiked to the neighbors to beg for help from their John Deere plow. Have money--will pay!! But this sidewalk remains to be done.


View from the car kennel. Biggest piles are from previous snow accumulations.


My path to the back door. Too narrow for snowblower so tackling that in half-hour.
Couldn't be more excited.

No comments: