Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cornell at The Troubador in L.A. 1/29/10

[Thanks to TenaciousLibbs for recording and posting these on YouTube.]

In case you were wondering what we missed, here are a few choice selections. I know now there is a God, because he created YouTube so I could see and hear my man sing my favorite song, "When I'm Down." He also did a heart-breaking version of "Imagine." Check them out yourself...

He explains in the video why he never sang "When I'm Down" on the road before--because it was written with piano in mind. Now on the solo acoustic tour, that's exactly what he has. "This is how it was supposed to be done." He says, as he flips back his ever-lengthening locks of hair.



"Imagine" always gives me goose bumps...



Great story about his daughter, Toni, in this one; and incredible rendition:



Neil Young's "Don't let it bring you down" after the break...




No comments: