Friday, August 29, 2008

Columbus Carriage Classic 2008


Dr Chet Thomas with one of his impressive Fjords.


Last weekend was the 10th Annual Columbus Carriage Classic. Floods forced the city to move the event from Father's Day to August, as few of the antique carriages were equipped with flotation devices, and the park was under several feet of water.


I volunteered for half a day, helping coordinate competitors are they prepared to compete in the lawn scurry. Picture a large field with several pairs of cones scattered seemingly at random within in. The goal? Be the fastest team to drive through each set of cones without knocking any over. Most had a blast with it, while others took their losses a little harder.



After that event was completed, I took off for home to get ready for the parade, which passes very close to my house. Mom and I both clicked away happily as our favorites trotted by.



Sunday I went just to fill digital space on my Kodak. Mission accomplished! I have uploaded about half the photos I took onto Flickr, as they proved to be a little too much for my blogspace.

They can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancydietrich/.

I'd love to stay and tell you more, but the Foo Fighters are calling me from Milwaukee, and I must fly!



No comments: