Thursday, July 12, 2007

Please stand by...


We are experiencing technical difficulties. Here is an actual picture of one of the AT&T DSL technicians trying to re-configure my on-line connection.

I moved into my new house (if 87 years old is considered "new") on Sunday, July 7. My DSL was scheduled to be up and running by the end of Monday, July 9. It is a freak of technology that I am on-line at the moment, and I will be down again shortly. One AT&T technician joked today (after being on the phone three hours with tech support) that it might just be easier if I moved back to Madison. I thought that was so funny I flipped him off without thinking about the fact that I didn't even know him. Luckily, he had turned back to the computer and didn't catch it. (Note to self: watch foul gesturing in front of strangers.)

So it is Thursday afternoon and I "might" be up permanently sometime around 4 p.m. Even the local tech doesn't believe AT&T anymore, so he'll be back out for more abuse (and foul gesturing) around that time. Should be fun.

As you might imagine, I am somewhat behind in my e-mail correspondence. Take the volume you are imagining and multiply it by ten to get how far behind I am in work correspondences, orders, requests, etc. Neither my boss nor my clients are amused. And let me assure you--my mood left "amused" several days ago. When it gets back to "tolerable" I'll let you know.
[Update: Seven days and still no workable service. We are shooting for a new record, apparently.]

No comments: